Wednesday, November 08, 2006

November is National Diabetes Month..




Chris and Denise,

When Emma was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes I really didn't know what that meant. I thought ok.. She needs needles every day for the rest of her life and she cant eat candy anymore. Its not that I thought it wasn't a big deal or anything its just I didn't know anything about it. I am learning a lot about it from your blog Chris. I was very happy to know that she could still be a kid and eat candy. Of course that's one of the first things I thought of because being her Auntie its my job to bring her treats when I come to visit. I just wanted to let you guys know we are thinking about you out here and I will continue to learn more.

Jenn

aka Auntie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenn
Little Emma is doing so well living with the diabetes. Some moments are still really hard but they are alot fewer than a month ago. We will ALL be o.k. and it is slowly becoming second nature to check her sugars before she eats.
That is so awesome that you got to see the Bombers play Argos. I hope, hope we can come visit in the summer, I miss you guys.
D