Thursday, March 29, 2007



I just weighed myself and it looks like I am only 16 pounds away from my goal weight! That is really exciting! When I originally started on my program on Sparkpeople my goal was to lose 40 pounds by March 23rd. Well March 23rd has come and gone but I am not disappointed that I didn't make my goal. I am so happy with what I did lose in these last few months.


Last week Jarret's teacher sent home a note saying that his marks have dropped from last term because she has higher standards? Apparently he needs to practise his writing. So I will be getting Jarret a journal so he can write in it before bed every night. I am not too sure why she informed us of him still having trouble a week before he got his report card.. ??


We got his report card yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It wasn't great he did drop in a lot of the areas but its not what I thought.


So we talked about what he needs to do in school to pull up his marks. And also what George and I have to do to get him focused at home. We didn't yell.. we were calm. He is a smart boy and we told him that. It was more encouragement then discipline.


The thing that really sucks is my shift at work will be 12-8 probably right until school is out for the summer, and that means most of the time the kids will be coming home at 9 and Jarret will have to do his homework so late. Nothing we can do about that for now.. we will all have to adjust.


Amy received her first report card this week. She is progressing really well. We were all happy about that.


Have a good one!


Lata Skata

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Soon you will have washboard abs like that! Awesome job on the weight loss!! I'm glad you're not discouraged. It will happen. I'd like to lose 20 pounds even if it takes me another few years (but hopefull not that long!).

You and George sound like great parents....good instincts on how to handle the grade situation.

Jenn said...

Thanks Shannon! I would LOVE to have abs like that. Maybe one day?? But I think I have do sit ups or something to get those.. right??Lol.

It feels like I have NO CLUE what the heck I am doing with these kids sometimes. I can bathe them.. clean their clothes.. feed them and have fun with them.. but when it comes down to this school stuff I am lost. Thank you for your kind words.. we are trying... any advise would be welcomed!!

Shannon said...

I have no advice to give. Whatever you've decided to do is excellent. Like I said, you have good instincts. Trust yourself.

Jamie said...

Hey congrats on the weight loss. I wouldn't mind abs like that too - but like you said, I think you have to do sit ups or something to look that way lol.

It sounds like you're doing good with the school stuff too. My oldest starts school in the fall and I will most likely feel the same way you do as she works her way up the grades. Hang in there - you're doing great!

Penny Ratzlaff said...

As far as the weight loss goes...you go girl!!! I'm on a diet right now. It's hard. I've lost 6 pounds and want to lose 10 more.

And, man, I'd love to have the abs in that picture. But, where would I even start? After 2 kids, I don't think my stomach could ever look like that again. Agh!

(Ha! I just re-read what I wrote and I said "my stomach could never look like that again" heck... it's never even looked like that before.)

Chris said...

Way to go kids.
And for myself i can hardly wait for the summer to come so i can show off my AB.

fyi.ps. The word verification for this comment is "plenis"

All Nob said...

Congratulations Jen. I too have neared my goal weight. I decided to gain 30 pounds and I am nearly there. I now have a pooch that prevents me from seeing my weiner in the shower. It's awesome! I now buy shoes that don't require bending over, croc's are good for that. I also got rid of all my regular pants, I only wear tuxedo pants because they are adjustable at the waste. It's great being fat. I only east stuff that tastes good and it is usually deep fried. Mmmmmmmm....

Once I hit my goal I'll post pictures.