Sunday, March 04, 2007




Its been a while since I have blogged. Haven't had the "urge" to lately.. not sure why. Hmmm... hopefully that will change.




George and I have been talking about me going back to work soon. When I say soon.. I mean like doing my resume this weekend and have a few places I am applying for. When we moved to Toronto I qualified for EI. Well.. my EI ran out last week.. so now we are panicking a bit. I don't care about going back to work.. its the stress of finding daycare for the kids that I was not looking forward to. But... there is a woman in our building whose 2 boys go to Amy's school in another Kindergarten class who said she would be willing to watch the kids for us. She wouldn't have Jarret for long.. just after school for about 2 hours or so. She would have Amy but that isn't an issue.. her boys LOVE Amy.. and I mean they LOVE her. So that is taken care of. Thank God!! Now its to get a job. I cant wait to interact with other adults.. and make some money. I will keep you all posted..




On another note.. George came home from work on Friday and had some really exciting news. He has a very very good chance to to to either Beijing or Australia soon. Australia would be in about 3 weeks.. Beijing in April or May. He would be gone for about 4 weeks. This is so awesome for him. We will miss him.. but 100% for it! He needs to get his passport. He needs to get on that this week cause it takes a while now to get one. Again.. I will keep you all posted..




That's about it for now..




Lata Skata

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I hear you on going back to work. Once Jake is in 1st grade, that will be my time to start hitting the pavement. Now I'm trying to figure out what it is I want to do so that if I need to go back to school, I can do it in time to start working again. The school has an afterschool program, so I'd go for that.

I'm sooo envious that your husband gets to go to Australia. It's been my dream since I was a kid to go there.

Thanks for the welcome back!!

Jenn said...

I was hoping that once Amy got to 1st grade then I would go back to work. But unfortunatly not in the cards! Oh well.. staying home was fun while it lasted.

Australia may not happen for him because he needs his passport and it can take over a month now. The trip to Australia is in a few weeks. He is going to try to put a "rush" on it but that is on a case by case bases and it may not be aproved for an emergency. But there is Beijing in a few months that would be exciting too. Australia is his first choice though.

Glad your back Shannon!!

Char said...

I can't tell you how many times I've tried posting comments since switching to the "New Blogger", and it won't work. I am getting so frustrated, so I'm trying one more time to see what happens.

Char said...

I guess it worked this time. I don't know what the heck was wrong, but I've tried posting comments many many times, and I've had trouble with it. Hopefully that's the end. Talk to you later!!