Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day one down..


So my first day was good. As I was getting ready to leave to take the kid to the sitters my nerves started in pretty bad. But I honestly think it was just cause I was anxious to get the kids downstairs and onto the bus. It didn't help that NONE of our 4 elevators worked yesterday. We had to walk down 18 flights of stairs. I was getting more and more irritated just because I didn't want to be late. I wasn't.. in fact I was 30 minutes early lol. I didn't go into the office until about 10 to 12. My trainer wasn't there but the guy sitting next to her got me a chair and chit chatted with me until she arrived. That was nice. My trainer got there and man is she nice! Really sweet and very helpful. So we did out thing. The first part of the day zoomed by.. but by my lunch I hit a wall. I got so f'in tired. I had my lunch.. and refueled with some food.. and I felt a bit better. I need to bring food with tons of energy.. any suggestions out there. I can eat snacks at my desk so if anyone knows of a healthy energy filled snack.. please I am all ears.


We went through some material.. and honestly its almost the same as FedEx was. So I understood a lot of what she was saying. She had to go on the phones cause there was only one other agent on the phone from 7-8 which was cool.. cause I got to listen in on her calls..


All in all it was a good day at work!!


The kids


They were up when I got home.. and they said they had a really good day. The sitter (I'll call her H for now until I get her permission to put her name on here) took them for a walk to get a donut in the afternoon. Apparently when George picked the kids up Amy didn't want to come home.. she wanted to live there. OK.. cute but.. kinda hurt my feelings.. lol.

Jarret said everything was good.. I talked to H when I got home and she said Jarret and one of her boys had to be separated for a bit cause they were getting on each others nerves. Jarret can be a bit of a stick in the mud and I guess he wasn't liking some stuff her boy was doing.. but she said they were fine after.


So just about to hop in the shower for day 2.. I am excited to get going!!


Have a wonderful day.. maybe I will be able to blog in the mornings before I go to work.. who knows!!


Lata Skata

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy is so much like you it is spooky. As you know, I went back to work when you were 3 and the guilt sat on my shoulders like a ton of bricks. I couldn't wait to get off the bus and pick you up from Inga's. When I got there you would cry, cause you were having so much fun. Half the time you stayed and she brought you home later. I too felt hurt. But believe me you get over it quickly.

Glad your day went well. Hopefully you have as good a day today. Talk to you later.

Major Bedhead said...

Energy snacks - nuts. Gorp - granola with raisin, M&Ms, peanuts and whatever you want in there. Bananas. An apple with some cheese. English muffins with peanut butter. Combine your protein and your high-fibre carbs and you'll have a good snack that will hold you and keep you full and full of energy for the day.

Good luck with the new job!

Char said...

Jenn, I am so happy to hear that your day went well yesterday. I hope day two was even better.

I missed talking to you today...I had to stop myself from picking up the phone a couple of times...old habits die hard!

I can't believe how fast this has all happened for you! It's so great that the nervous feelings didn't have a chance to set in 2 weeks before starting!

Julia, as for those snacks - wow! Awesome suggestions! I think I'll take your advice as well since I'll be switching from working a 10 hour shift ending at midnight to a shift starting at 7:30 a.m. I'm sure by noon I'll hit that same wall Jenn did.

Now we just need to hear from Chris to see how his week is going.

Call me when you can, Jenn...no need to worry about your ulcer either :)

Char said...

BTW....nice picture of yourself at work, Jenn.

Jenn said...

Mom: I guess I can relax because you and are are very close even if you did abandon me at the age of 3!! LOl.

Julia: Thanks for the great suggestions.. I will be picking all of that up this weekend!! Glad you are still commenting even if you arent posting on your blog ;)

Char: I wanted to pick up the phone today when I was in training!! I always have something to tell you. This will definetly be a change for us. I can email from my work email address.. maybe we can do that??? Better then waiting all day or until the weekend.. my ulcer feels better!!

Shannon said...

I'm so happy your day went well and that the kids had a decent time at the sitters!

BTW, I think you've transferred the Cookie Curse to me. I made some the other day and they looked frighteningly like the ones you showed a picture of back before you made the good batch. That's the first time it's ever happened to me! LOL.

Jenn said...

I am so sorry Shannon about the "cookie curse" lol. Hopefully that was a one time thing!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Char said...

Jenn, can you please send me that picture?

I'm serious.