Monday, March 12, 2007


Ever since I found out I got the job last week.. I have been having some pangs of guilt every once in a while. I have been worrying about the kids. I have always been home with Amy. And I have always been home when Jarret gets home from school.Then I would go to work in the evening and George would be with them at night. This week they are going to the babysitters. I am not worried about her at all.. she is great! I guess its the fact that I'm not in "control". Not saying that I control them.. but you know what I mean right?? I hope so cause I can't explain it. My shift this week is 12-8 so it feels like I will be away from them for such a long time. Am I being silly? I know it will all work out .. I'm sure by the end of the week our routine will be set and everyone (me) will be fine. I just hate the unknown!


Not only am I stressing a little about this week.. I also woke up with the left side of my throat feeling like there was a golf ball stuck in it.. and it is really soar. I don't know what more I could have done to prevent this.. I eat an orange a day sometimes two. I haven't been sick for such a long time. I have been off work since July and nothing! Oh well.. I will just take some meds and drink plenty of fluids! Hopefully that will work.


This will probably be my last post for this week. I don't think I will have much time to post anything. I will check my regular blogs and try to comment if I can. Hope everyone has a good week.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Another one bites the dust. My regular bloggers are taking leave :(

I get the same way about new situations. Once it all takes place, I feel much better about things.

There's a lot of adjusting to be done by everyone, but you all will find your grooves soon :)

Good luck with the job and keep us posted to let us know how your first day went!!

Jenn said...

I'm sure I will have a few minutes to post something about my first day. Lets hope we find our groove soon..

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn
GOOD LUCK tomorrow. Anything new creates a bit of anxiety initially but you are right in saying that by weeks end it'll be your new routine, and just wait for the first cheque!!!! That's the best part.
I was feeling very flustered today, so much new info and that feeling you are talking about was so familiair, the unknown.. and the learning curve. But then in no time it's comfortable and the social aspect is great, I think you'll enjoy that the most.
Talk to you soon,
Denise

Penny Ratzlaff said...

I very much get where you're coming from with the control issue. I wrote about it in a post today myself.

I can't wait to hear how your first day on the job was.

Char said...

I like the t-shirt. I'd like to know if there really is one out there because if there is, I need to get my hands on one.