Thursday, March 08, 2007


I start my new job on March 13th. This has happened so fast. I emailed my resume on Monday at around 1pm. They called me back the same day at around 3pm. I was out so I called back and left a message. They called me the next morning at about 9:30am to do a phone interview (which I decided suck!!) then the woman who did the interview said she would call me back in the afternoon if they wanted to proceed to the next level of interviews. I received a call from her that afternoon at around 2pm. She asked me to come in for the first phase interview process the next day at 9:30am. Went and met with her.. then met with the CS Manager for the second part of the interview. He told me he would let me know by Friday or sooner. He called me today at around 2pm to offer me the position!! I go in tomorrow to do the paper work and I apparently start on Tuesday!! This is the same type of job I did in Winnipeg but it sounds so much better!! I am actually excited. There are no weekends involved and the latest I would work would be 8pm! And I don't think that would be for very long. I have a babysitter all lined up.. she is going to be great!!
In other news.. Amy and I headed to the ER last night at around midnight. She woke up with a high fever of 39.9C (104F) and wheezing and coughing. Her X-Ray showed that she had the start of Pneumonia and the doctor said she has Bronchitis. Poor girl. She really wasn't doing that great today.. but get some meds in her she should bounce back in no time.
The kids have their March break next week.
Phew... I'm exhausted from all of this! Sorry if I bored you.. but had to tell you about my job! Wish me luck!!
Lata Skata

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow...that was fast!! What will your job be? And if you work until 8, what time do you start? Hopefully late in the morning.

I hope Amy gets better soon. It's good you caught it at the beginning. Very astute of you to bring her in right away.

Jenn said...

Shannon:

I will be working for the customer service department for a courier company. The shift would be 12-8.

Amy seems to be feeling better. I will see how she feels for school tomorrow.

Shannon said...

Those seem like reasonable hours, lol. I was worried they'd have you working round the clock.

Kids bounce back quickly, don't they?

Jenn said...

I did my paper work today and was told that I probably wont work until 8 for very long. He said a few months then I will get an earlier shift.. cool.

Amy went to school today.. I think she is on the mend. Yes kids bounce back so quickly.. thank goodness.

Char said...

I'm glad Amy felt well enough to go to school today - it's always so stressful when the pneumonia/asthma/bronchitis kicks in. It's amazing at how quickly we become pros at dealing with it though :)

I am so happy for you about your job, Jenn. It sounds like a great fit for you, and from what you've told me, it seems like a good place to work as well. You'll be great at your job too!

Also, it will be nice to get out of the house (yeah, I know the novelty will more than likely wear off), and make some money. That's always a nice feeling.

Chris said...

Congrats J!!!! Sounds good. And i know you will do awesome. I find your pictures you post that you relate to your writing and circumstances really kinda funny. LOL@ working girl.
or jackie chan and whats his face.
what picture will you post if your describing that you had teh flu or something.