Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Help.. anyone??

This past weekend I took the kids accross the street for ice cream. Everything was fine until we got home. AMy started to freak out and cry and was on the floor yelling that she had to pee and then she started to pee. She pissed all over her pants. Her pants werent just a bit wet.. they were soaked from the waste to her feet, there was a huge puddle in my living room and all the way down the hall in the bathroom and then she sat on the toilet and peed some more. I was so mad. I asked her why she didnt go before we went to get ice cream. She sais she didnt know she had to go. Well with the amount that she peed how could she not feel like she had to go??? Unless she doesnt have the sensation until its the last minute and its too late??

Amy has had issues with going to the bathroom since I started to potty train her. It has not been easy. I chalked it up to her being lazy and just not wanting to "miss out" on any fun. But there are times when I randomly put her on the toilet.. she argues that she doesn't have to go then pisses like a race horse.

I have been looking on the Internet to see if I can find anything about lack of sensation to urinate in children. I have found a few things and they lead to bladder infections. She has had one in the past. I will be taking her to the doctor to get tested. I will probably try tomorrow. I can't go today. There is a walk in across the street if they cant take her then I will call her doctor. The only thing with him he is in his office only 3 times a week and at certain times. Very inconvenient.

Any ideas?? Help!


Lata Skata

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Jessica pulls the same stunt where she says she doesn't have to go (like the times we make her go before we leave the house to go somewhere) and then when she does go, she nearly shoots a hole through the toilet it comes out so hard.

The boys are a whole other story, so I'll keep it separate since we're talking about girls.

I don't know why kids are so resistant to going to the bathroom. Maybe they think it's a hassle...who knows?

But it's a good idea to bring to the doctor. I doesn't hurt to rule out health issues.

Jamie said...

I would get her checked as well, just to rule out any health issues (bladder infection?). Brooke was never like that for me, but Danielle is - but Dani has Diabetes so I never know whether to chalk it up to that or if she's just one of those kids who is stubborn and such. She has had bladder infections - in fact, just had her first a few weeks ago. She hates going to the bathroom before we leave to go somewhere - there is a huge scene and when I finally do get her on the toilet, she always has some pee in there to go. Meanwhile, she's adamant that she does NOT have to go. We have left the house where i have not taken her to the bathroom first because there was such a huge scene, but then as soon as we got to our destination - she's prancing around and we have to find a bathroom NOW so she doesn't pee herself.

It's so hard to know if it's a power struggle thing (stubborness), medical issues or just your kid being your kid.

It never hurts to get it checked though, imo.

Let us know how it goes! Good luck.

Shannon said...

Hi Jenn,

Have you made an appt with the doctor yet? Just seeing how you're making out with Amy.