Friday, February 24, 2006

The Movies


I went to see Capote last night with my mom and her friend. I can be honest I didn't really know what the movie was all about. I knew that Capote was a writer but that's about it. I loved this movie. It was amazing. Phillip Seymour Hoffman deserves every award he receives for this roll. I follow all the award shows and I was really hoping for Heath to win something for Brokeback (which I also loved) but if Hoffman beats him out at the Oscars I will be ok with that.




We also went to see Syriana last night. Kinda a first for us we saw Capote then bought tickets for Syriana right after and met my sister for that one. I am not going to say I didn't like Syriana cause you cant really say that about something you couldn't understand! I am not ashamed to say I couldn't follow this movie cause I really couldn't. I was a bit confused during it lol. Oh well I wanted to see it to see what all the buzz was about. I am glad I went to the cheap seats to see this one. Sorry George (Clooney). I liked him in this it was a different roll to see him in but that's about it.

Sitting for about 4 hours in a theater was interesting. By the time we were watching Syriana my back was starting to hurt and I was getting restless. Why is it that when people who are sit behind you don't realize they have kicked your chair about 10 TIMES??? OMG the kid behind me kicked my chair.. And I am not talking about bumping it a few times but really kicking it.. towards the end of Syriana. My hair was actually moving she was kicking it soo hard. I don't know why I didn't say anything or tell Char! She would have taken care of it for me. Oh well.. next time I will run to my big sister and stand behind her while she yells at them!

Jarret has no school and he is running a bit of a fever. He has been lying on the couch all moring covered up with the magic bag to keep him warm. He is complaining of a headache and I feel so sorry for him cause I know how they feel. So I get to take care of my big boy today! I kinda like that he needs me. He gets pretty cuddley when he's sick. Don't get me wrong I don't want him sick but he's so cute when he is. Does that sound sick?? Oh well.. I am a sick puppy. George (not Clooney) and I are going to a Moose game tonight so my mommy is coming over to watch the kids. Thanks again MOM!!!! I guess I should end this... its kinda going on and on and on and on.. Thanks for reading this long boring post!

Lata skata...

3 comments:

Char said...

You SO should have told me your chair was being kicked! My God! There were 12 of us in the theatre...the people behind us HAD to sit there, didn't they? The whole theatre in front of us was empty except for the guy in front of us who hocked a loogie.

I hope Jarret is feeling better now. I know what you mean about being needed when the kids are sick. I don't like it when they are either, but I LOVE cuddling with them because it's the only time they don't fight it.

I hope you and George (not Clooney) have a good time at the Moose Game tonight!

Chris said...

A few years ago at Spiderman a young couple like 18 or 19 were sitting next to us. And everytime Spidey would climb a wall or spin a web they would laff and comment to the effect of "as if" or "yea right". At that time that movie was pioneering CG and other effects taking action movies to a new level. Yes it was pissing me off to no end. Among thier other talking and annoyances i had it. So i did the "2 mile glare" at tehm all movie. THe stupid fucktards didnt get it.
So after teh movie they were walking behind us on the way out. So i turned to them and told them that i should beat teh $16.00 that i paid for the movie out of them for being so rude. I sholuld have said that alot earlier because they put their head down and walked out of the theatre without saying another work.
So all you that kick seats during movies you guys and gals suck hairy balls.
See you at the movies Ball Suckers!!

Anonymous said...

I have on occasion made my opinion of people who kick the back of me seat very well known to the kicker. The best one so far... I turned around and told a 16-18 year old guy "If you don't stop kicking my chair I am gonna "Kathey Bate's" your foot and rename you Wobbly!" The best part he laughed and apologized for it. I was shocked. I guess some youngin's really do respect their elders.
And hocked a loogie EWWWWW!!!!!! Nasty!