Thursday, February 23, 2006

Its Official

Amy is allergic to all Tree Nuts. We had her allergy test yesterday and they tested her for Tree Nuts. She was also tested for mold and dust and hamster because of all her asthma issues. Those tests were negative so she gets asthma from having colds. My poor baby was so sad though. It hurt her and she cried it broke my heart. She was so good when we were there. She did what she was told with no arguments then all of a sudden we were scratching her with plastic tooth picks! She only cried as she was getting scratched then she stopped when it was done! At least we know now what to stay away from. Its a little scary though of what could happen to her if she accedently eats a nut! But I guess I cant stress over that.
Well I better go and get my boy up for school. He is so hard to wake up in the morning. He is NOT a morning person.

Lata skata... OMG I am such a geek!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could have been worse. Can you imagine being alergic to dust? You'd die if you came to my house. We can at least avoid tree nuts. Way to go Amy! They need to be told that scratching your arm with a plastic tooth pick hurts! Just think she will be able to wear a braclet at all times. She is such a girly girl.

Anonymous said...

Gramma's funny! I laughed about the bracelet thing! Just wait until she has to go to school and stuff, there will have to be all kinds of diet warnings and things. But who needs nuts anyways. Give her a hug for being a brave girl!!

Char said...

Aaawwwww....Amyy!! Poor girl! What amazes me is that it took over 3 years before she even came into contact with a tree nut of any kind...seriously! Good thing the reaction happened when it did though (meaning you were with her and were in the car).

I wouldn't want to be scratched with plastic toothpicks either...bad doctor!!!

Well, at least there's no question in your mind any more. You should just send her to Kelsey's school when it's time. It seems like every allergy known to mankind is in that school, so she would fit right in, and you wouldn't even have to tell the school about it..it's just common for almost all the students.