Thursday, February 09, 2006

28

Its my bday today! I have been dreading this day for about 2 months. I have never been one to do that I always welcomed my bday but ever since I turned 26 I don’t like my bday’s. I really don’t want to be that way, so I am going to enjoy today and its only a number right? I honestly don’t feel like I am 28, so I guess that’s what counts. I have an awesome husband who never makes my life boring. I have 2 BEAUTIFUL kids who I love more and more each day… my family is awesome they are very supportive and we are very close. I guess I just feel settled in my life and that is a good thing. So, yayeeee its my bday today!!!!

6 comments:

Char said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!!! I hope you have an awesome day today!!

Don't fret about how old you are. I'd give pretty much anything at this stage to be in my 20s again. You're pushing 30.....big deal! lol

I do know how you feel though...remember when I turned 26, each time someone asked how old I was, I'd say "almost 30"? I regret having that mentality because it was like I turned 30 before I actually did.

I'm NOT going to be making any references to being "almost 40". EVER. Even the day before my 40th birthday I won't be saying that. I know it's just a number, but come on!!!!!! 40?????? Boooo to 40!!!!

Anyway, today is not about me (I have to come to realize at some point that not every occasion is).

Have a great birthday, and I'll see you tomorrow. I'll probably talk to you about a hundred times today, but that's okay. That's what phones are for.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENN!!!! And 28 is nothing! Wait until 29, this is the one that hurt for me. I guess it's different when you are unsettled and pushing 30. Take care and have an extra awesome day!! I hear you are getting a home cooked meal - NICE!!! Enjoy!

Andrew Balfour said...

Oh dear, I hope you're not working today, that would be a crappy birthday. You should have a not crappy birthday, so have one of those.

Jenn said...

I am not working thank god!! So bday will be good.

Char said...

It should never be "Crappy Birthday!"...it should always be "Happy Birthday!"

Anonymous said...

You don't look at all like you are rounding 30 Jenn and you are young at heart! That's what counts! My 30th is right around the corner. I did the same as Char for the last two years so I already feel like I'm there. It's weird because you and George always seemed much younger to me (when you first got married.)but after 25 the gap dissapears.