Saturday, January 28, 2006

What me... Scrapbook??

Well I went to Michaels with my mom and sister the other night because I have been thinking about starting to scrap. I am so not a creative person but a few years ago I received some scrapbook supplies. I just used them last month for my nieces bday card. I really enjoyed it! I just made a card tonight and it took FOREVER!!! I didn't know what to do. I enjoyed it but I was getting a bit frustrated cause I am very hard on myself and think that it will be ugly and no one will like it. I think it turned out pretty good considering its my first real attempt. I put it away and maybe I will go back to it again with more ideas. The funny thing is Jarret wanted to do one so he and I sat at the coffee table for about an hour and made our cards. I envy him so much cause he just did what he wanted and didn't second guess himself. I wish I was a kid again. His is really cute. I will post both of them after the bday party (don't want the bday girl to see it before I give it to her) I think I might look into taking a class or something *sigh*. I have never really had a hobby so I really hope I can get the hang of it.

So George and his uncle went to Nickelback tonight he was sooo excited! Well Jarret says he needs cereal before bed so I need to get to it! Have a good one!

6 comments:

Char said...

Jenn, I know exactly how you feel about unnecessarily second guessing yourself when it comes to doing something like this. That is the whole reason I'm so hesitant to get started too. The idea of doing it sounds so great, but when I start thinking about ideas, I get all scared and stop thinking about it. I wouldn't mind taking a class too...let's look into it. You never know, maybe we ARE creative after all!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I am on a scrap hiatus until we buy a house and I can dedicate some space to it. Just start looking at some scrap sites and the ideas will start flowing.

Anonymous said...

Try and find a Leisure Guide, they sometimes have art type classes and that might help to organize your ideas and whatnot. Now go find the Leisure Guide (usually at Safeways and Sev's for free) and make it SNAPPY!!! Hahahaha!

Chris said...

creativity i believe can be learned. you just have to find it in you. i still havent found mine yet but i will scrapbook you it when i find it.

Jolene said...

OMG! I am the same exact way! Usually I just dont have the time to scrap, so I wont scrap for like months. Well, then I get time and i try and it takes me FOREVER becuase I am completely at lost. But I do have to say that I scrapped today and I am VERY proud of it!!! Are u a member on any message boards(scrap ones)? Do u have a gallery anywhere? If so can u send me the link so I can check it out? Have a good one!

Jenn said...

Oh god no I am not a member of any message boards or anything like that.. I will not be joining stuff like that for a very long time if ever! We will see what happends with all of this.. I am first going to join a class so I have a clue what I am doing!! We'll see what happends!