Monday, March 03, 2008

Girls day..



Amy and I had a girls day yesterday. We had decided in the morning that we would go to Walmart.. when I was in the bathroom getting ready she of course was in there with me talking to me about whatever was on her mind (probably Polly Pockets or something) so at one point I bent down in her face and whispered how excited I was to go shopping with her and we are going to have a girls day out and leave the boys at home. I told her the first thing we will do is head to the toy department and just "window shop". Then I said we would look at nail polish and maybe buy a nice color for the two of us. She was grinning from ear to ear as I was whispering all this to her. Then she whispered back.. "I wont tell Jarret and Daddy" I said ok.

Then she shut the door and I heard her singing " I have a secret, I have a secret!!" down the hall into the living room where the boys were! Way funny.

So we went to Walmart and we spent a good hour looking at Polly Pockets, barbies and anything else that was pink. Of course we walked out of that department with toy in hand..lol.

She talked the ENTIRE time.. I am not joking!! I barely said anything, she was so excited.

So... 2 toys.. 1 outfit and a nail polish later.. we headed home. We had a good day. I thanked her in the car for coming shopping with me and for being such a good girl. I told her our next girl day out will be getting our nails done.

Good day with my Amy.. I have to do it more often..

PS.. i didnt forget about Jarret. I bought him a Maple Leafs tshirt.

Lata Skata

PSS or PPS whatever it is... dont GOOGLE 'mother and daugher' images.. dirty dirty pictures!!!!!

3 comments:

Char said...

Thanks for the tip!!! LOL!!!!

OMG..how cute??!!! Girls days are AWESOME!!!! Amy is at the perfect age to start that. Kelsey and I still have them, and they're great. At least I think so. We had a girls' evening last night - same, same!!

I'm so glad you had fun like that with Amy, and it sounds like she was totally thrilled! I'm sure she'll be asking you to do something together again very soon.

Shannon said...

I've been wanting to have a mother/daughter outing with Jessica.

It sounds like you girls had a really nice time together!

Jenn said...

we had a great time together. I cant wait to do it again with her.