Saturday, December 01, 2007

Gross pictures.. and two months later??

The day before my mom came to visit George and the kids and I were out a a friends house for a BBQ. We had good food.. good company.. the kids had a great time, and I was excited about my mom's visit.

So we headed home at about 1230am and we arrived home just after 1am! Both kids fell asleep and George and I were waking them up so we didn't have to carry them (way too heavy) and Jarret woke up cranky and very sleepy. George was at the trunk of the car getting our stuff out.. I was opening Amy's door when Jarret got out I heard the slam of the door and instant screaming from him.

George and I looked at each other in confusion.. then at Jarret.. then back at each other and it dawned on us..

He shut the car door on his finger!

George rushed over to him.. and the door was completely shut on his finger. Once it registered exactly what happened I ran over to him and hugged him. He was crying so hard then he barfed. He was pale and he kind of collapsed in my arms. His eyes were rolling to the back of his head and he was so not coherent. Then he threw up again (over my shoes non the less) I had to carry him to the elevator.. and he threw up again. There was blood everywhere.. pretty gross.

We got upstairs and took a look at his finger. Then he stuck his head in the toilet and barfed again.

Once he calmed down George carried him back to the car and they made an emergency trip to the hospital. They didn't get home until 430am.

Nothing was broken.. no stitches.. just a nice big band aid and a disgusting mess of his nail.

So.. below are pictures of his finger the day after..

They are gross.. just warning you.. but of course I had to blog it..























The nail finally fell off about 3 weeks ago and its a lot better.

Why am I telling you this 2 months later???

I don't know.. just felt like it.. OK?


Lata Skata

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That poor kid!! I can't imagine the pain he was in.

You had to blog about it, and of course I had to look at it!! Morbid curiousity got the best of me.

Jenn said...

I hear ya.. i am the exact same way Shannon!

Jamie said...

Ah, me too. Poor kid - that hurts SO BAD!

My best friend did that when we were in Junior high. She slammed her thumb in the car door and the same thing - nail fell off. But we were just about to leave on a band trip (me and my band geekiness) and she played drums. Ever play drums with a gimped up hand? LOL - was kinda funny. Her thumb looks the same - she's kind of morbid too though, and painted her nail with purple sparkle nail polish to freak everyone out. I still remember that ....