Sunday, July 23, 2006

Poem

Before you head east, way out yonder
Here are some things for you to ponder
This poem not once did I rehearse
The one about you moving to the "Centre of the Universe"
Opportunity knocks, and you must fly
Before it all passes you by
Who will I call ten times a day?
I know, I know, you'll only be four hundred dollars away
Thanks to technology, we can stay in touch
The distance between us will only feel like this much
The fun you'll have will be like out of a book
And when you see him, say "Hi" to Dan Cook
The concerts, the games, you'll be living the life
You'll be the envy of Kenny's wife
Who's going to make fun of my poker style?
No one to laugh when I have chips in my pile
I still don't understand how to play that game
But the times we did were fun just the same
The kids have become so darn close
It's the family times we'll miss the most
But we'll save and we'll save and we'll plan and we'll plan
So we can take them all to Canada's Wonderland
Jenn, I'll call as much as I can
Because, you know, I'm your biggest fan
Jeffery, Jeffery, you're one of a kind
I'll keep you as my brother in law if you don't mind
Jarret and Amy, well what can I say?
Those two little beauties brighten anyone's day
We all wish you well, good fortune and luck
But please don't cheer when the Leafs have the puck
So long, farewell, it's not the end
It's the start of a new life, a new job, and new friends


Wow.. what an awesome poem. I will post pictures from last night later. I just wanted to put the poem on here. Thank you so much for that Char. Thank you and Kenny both for an awesome party for me and George!! I had so much fun. I will always remember last night. I also want to thank you and Kenny for being so supportive these last few months!! You dont know what that means to me!!

Lata Skata

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that poem! It made me cry. Good luck in Toronto guys, I wish you all the best in everything. Love you both lots and I hope we can get out to see you really soon.

Char said...

Jenn, you guys don't have to thank us. It was so much fun. We were looking forward to it, and it turned out better than we expected. I just wish we could do more for you guys. I can't tell you how much I'm going to miss all of you, but I hope like crazy I can come out in the fall. I'll do my best!!